European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry (EAPD)
The European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry (EAPD) is a prestigious organization dedicated to the advancement and promotion of oral health care for children and adolescents throughout Europe. With a mission to enhance the knowledge, skills, and expertise of dental professionals in the field of pediatric dentistry, the EAPD plays a vital role in ensuring optimal oral health outcomes for young patients.
Through its collaborative efforts, the EAPD fosters the exchange of ideas, research, and best practices among its members, including dentists, researchers, academicians, and other oral health professionals. By providing a platform for knowledge sharing and education, the EAPD strives to improve the quality of pediatric dental care, to advocate for the oral health needs of children, as well as to contribute to the overall well-being and development of young individuals across Europe.
EAPD 2022-2024 Board members
- Prof. Dominique Declerck, EAPD President (Belgium)
- Dr. Elias Berdouses, EAPD Past President (UAE/Greece)
- Prof. Ferranti Wong, EAPD President Elect (UK)
- Assoc. Prof. Sotiria Gizani, EAPD General Secretary (Greece)
- Dr. Nick Lygidakis, EAPD Editor (Greece)
- Dr. Michal Sobczak, EAPD Treasurer (Poland)
- Dr. Kiki Tsinidou, EAPD Webmaster (Greece)
How to become a new member of EAPD
To become a member of the Academy please use the ‘Register‘ button at the top right area of the homepage on the EAPD website, and complete the fields requested. There are two options:
* For Student membership, click on ‘Student member‘
* For all the other categories, click on ‘Member‘.
For more information on how to become a member of EAPD, please click here.
Swedish Pedodontics Association (SPF)
The Swedish Pedodontics Association or Svenska Pedodontiföreningen (SPF) is an association for specialists and dentists under specialist training in pedodontics (child and adolescent dentistry). The pedodontist specializes in diagnostics, therapy planning and treatment of children and adolescents in dental care and receives patients who are in need of special care after referral from other dentists and from other health care.
The Swedish Pedodontics Association:
- works to promote the development of child and adolescent dental care in Sweden and safeguards a high quality of dental care for children and adolescents with the goal that all children should have good oral health
- organizes training for both specialists and general dental care by arranging Spring Meetings, Children’s Dental Days and at the Odontological National Meeting
- awards annual scholarships for research in child and adolescent dentistry
- publishes the member magazine Barntandläkarbladet
The association is affiliated to the International Association of Paediatric Dentistry and is an Associate member of the Swedish Dental Association.
SPF Board members
A comprehensive list of SPF Board members with contact details can be found on the SPF website
How to become a new member of SPF
To become a member of the Association please use the form on the SPF website. There are two options, Active and Passive Membership.